Monday, May 25, 2009

I am so disappointed. Finally went to the much talked-about 'fashion heaven' at Jalan Telawi in Bangsar and the only description which I feel aptly describes can be summed up in one word: OVERRATED.

First and foremost, it was a visual let-down. Maybe my expectations were too high cos I was kinda expecting lots and lots of nice boutiques but what I got are very chaotic streets of somehow old and dirty looking shophouses. Imagine my horror when I saw them. Definitely not what I thought it is and since I had not bothered to google the images, I was like, 'So this is Jalan Telawi?' -.-

Then I thought oh well, don't mind the exterior of the boutiques. Maybe they have some really nice stuff inside since we shouldn't judge a book by its cover, right? But walau eh it was altogether another wave of disappointment cos out of all the boutiques we went, and believe me we went to many, imo only Baci and Nurita Harith (?) are decent. Shoes Shoes Shoes is just okay and the rest are plain lousy cos the stuff they're selling are like Sungai Wang's stuff. Quite the lala some of them.

And that's not all. The salesgirls/owner that day macam la kena force to work. So unfriendly can! Only the ladies from Cats Whiskers and Nurita Harith are nice enough to explain the sales of their stuff to us. The rest are like stuck-up bitches and not a single hello or smile from them. Okay maybe not all since I remember some of them did smile. Suffice to say, customer sevice is still one area those people need to work on.

Last but not least (this is the most annoying part!), most if not all the clothes cater only to thin people. So chunky people like me cannot buy T_____T
This is sheer discrimination to the big-sized people! How can like that??!!

Anyway, here are some photos. Very few only cos obviously we weren't very happy. LOL.

This is how the shops basically looks like.

Group pic! Me, Lydia, Michelle and Shirley.

Three of them cos obviously someone had to take the shot wtf

No comments: